|Industrial||1-530-669-0150 ext. 3627|
Nerone Italian Black Rice Pudding
InHarvest Products Used
Yield: 6 servings
- 2 c. water
- 8 oz. InHarvest Nerone Italian Black Rice
- 4 oz. cream cheese, cut into 1” chunks
- 4 oz. goat cheese
- 2 T. unsalted butter
- ½ t. kosher salt
- 1 c. heavy cream
- 1 c. brown sugar
- 1 t. ground cinnamon
- ½ t. grated nutmeg plus as needed for garnish
- 1 c. whipped cream
- 2 c. fresh seasonal berries, washed and cut
- Toasted slivered almonds, as needed
- 6 sprigs fresh mint
- In a medium pot, bring the water to a boil and add InHarvest Nerone Italian Black Rice. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, for 30 minutes.
- To the rice, add the cream cheese, goat cheese, butter, cream, salt, cinnamon and ½ t. nutmeg. Stir until all ingredients are blended well. Cover and simmer another 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and transfer to the cooler until the rice pudding is cold.
- Spoon 1 cup pudding per portion into clear glass vessels. Top each with a quenelle of whipped cream. Dust each quenelle with grated nutmeg. Serve each rice pudding with berries, slivered almonds and a mint sprig on the side.