|Industrial||1-530-669-0150 ext. 3627|
Gluten-Free Calrose Brown Rice & Mushroom Flatbread - 2 lbs.
Yield: 64 servings
- 2 qts. water or vegetable stock
- 2 lbs. InHarvest Calrose Brown Rice
- 11 qts. cremini mushrooms, whole
- 16 large eggs, beaten
- 8 c. shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 T. kosher salt
- ½ T. freshly ground black pepper
- In a pot, bring the water or stock to a boil. Cook InHarvest Calrose Brown Rice according to package directions.
- Drain the rice and lay it out in a thin layer on sheet pans to cool.
- Lay mushrooms out onto parchment lined sheet pans in a single layer, roast in a 400 degree oven for 30 minutes or until very browned and free of moisture. Let cool.
- Using a food processor, chop the cooled mushrooms into 1/8” pieces. (Do not over-process.) If there is excess liquid, let mushrooms drain in a fine sieve, squeezing out liquid.
- In a large bowl, mix the cooked rice, mushrooms, beaten egg, cheese, salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Divide the mixture evenly between 8 half-sheet pans lined with parchment. . Press the rice mixture into the pans in ¼” layers. Bake at 375°F for 30 minutes.
- Cut each pan into 8 evenly sized rectangles. Add desired toppings and serve hot or let flatbreads cool and reheat to order.
Per serving: 126 cal., 7.5 g pro., 13 g carb., 1 g fiber, 5 g fat (2 g sat. fat), 64 mg chol., 286 mg sod., 1 g sugar
Try these topping suggestions:
• Roasted asparagus, shaved Manchego, Serrano ham, sherry-vinaigrette drizzle. (Add 2 t. paprika to the brown rice/mushroom mixture before baking.)
• Grilled vegetables of choice with a drizzle of herbed goat cheese and plain yogurt blended to a desired consistency. (Add 1 t. chopped rosemary to the brown rice/mushroom mixture before baking.)
• Salad of arugula and sautéed mushrooms dressed with lemon vinaigrette, with shaved Pecorino. (Add 1½ t. ground toasted fennel seed to the brown rice/mushroom mixture before baking.)
• Salsa verde, toasted pumpkin seeds, roasted squash and Cotija cheese. (Add 2 t. ground toasted cumin seed to the brown rice/mushroom mixture before baking.)