|Industrial||1-530-669-0150 ext. 3627|
Colusari™ Red Rice Chowder with Corn, Squash and Chorizo
InHarvest Products Used
Yield: About 24 one cup servings
- 6 c. chicken stock
- 1 lb. InHarvest Colusari™ Red Rice
- 6 oz. smoked chorizo sausage
- 6 c. leeks, half moon slice, white parts only
- 2 T. minced garlic
- 1/3 c. extra virgin olive oil
- 6 c. butternut squash, peeled, seeded and ¼” cubed
- 1 g. chicken stock
- 4 c. corn
- 2 c. heavy whipping cream
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Bring chicken stock to a boil, add InHarvest Colusari Red Rice. Bring back to a boil, cover and simmer for 30 to 35 minutes. Drain excess liquid and reserve rice.
- While rice is cooking, slice and sauté chorizo in a large pot until lightly browned. Stir in garlic and leeks and sauté for 2 to 3 minutes longer. Remove chorizo, leeks and garlic and reserve.
- Add olive oil to pot and then squash. Sauté squash until soft, then whisk in 2 cups chicken stock. Once squash is broken down with whisk, add remaining chicken stock.
- Stir in rice, corn, chorizo, garlic and leeks and bring back to a boil. Stir in cream, season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Simmer for 15 minutes or until desired texture. If thicker chowder is desired, add roux to thicken.