Ruby Wild Blend™ White Chicken Chili - K-12 Foodservice
Recipe developed by InHarvest Chef Coleen Donnelly specifically for school menus.
Yield: 27 servings
Each 1-cup portion provides 1 grain/bread eq., ¼ cup vegetable (legume), 1/8 cup vegetable (other), 1.75 oz. eq. meat/alt.
- 2 t. vegetable oil
- 4 c. onion, diced
- ¼ c. garlic, chopped
- 2 qts. chicken stock, low sodium
- 2 T. coriander, ground
- 3 T. cumin, ground
- 3 T. oregano, dried
- 1+1/3 T. kosher salt
- 1 t. pepper
- 2 lbs. InHarvest Ruby Wild Blend™
- 3 lbs. chicken meat, cooked, diced
- 4 c. green chiles, diced
- 6½ c. white beans, low sodium, canned, drained
- In a pot large enough to hold all of the stock, heat the oil over medium heat.
- Sauté the onion and garlic, stirring occasionally until the onion is translucent.
- Add the chicken stock, coriander, cumin, oregano, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil.
- Into each 2½” hotel pan, place 2 lbs. InHarvest Ruby Wild Blend, 3 lbs. chicken, 4 c. green chiles, 6½ c. white beans and 2½ qts. hot stock mixture. Stir well to combine and distribute the ingredients.
- Cover the pan tightly with parchment paper and foil. Cook in a 350°F convection oven for approximately 1 hour or until the liquid is absorbed.
- Stir the contents of the pan well before serving.
Per serving: 291 cal., 25 g pro., 42 g carb., 5 g fiber, 4 g fat (1 g sat. fat), 46 mg chol., 410 mg sod., 1 g sugar
- This recipe is intended to be made in multiple hotel-pan batches. If the desired total is not a multiple of the hotel-pan yield, a partial pan may be made with adjustments to the amounts listed in the directions.
- Serve the chili in a bowl and offer toppings such as Spicy Cilantro Yogurt Sauce, chopped red onion, chopped cilantro and sliced jalapeño.
- Make a large batch of spice mix ahead of time and use 2/3 c. per hotel pan.
- The Meat/Meat Alternate contribution is calculated on an ounce-to-ounce basis. If using a product that requires more than 1 ounce to meet the ounce equivalent, the recipe will require adjustment in order to meet the stated M/MA contribution.