Roasted Poblanos Stuffed with Aztec Blend™, Chorizo & Sweet Corn
Yield: 6 servings
- 2½ c. water or stock
- 8 oz. InHarvest Aztec Blend™
- 6 poblano chile peppers
- ½ lb. chorizo sausage, ground
- 1½ c. roasted corn kernels
- ¼ c. sliced scallion
- ¼ c. chopped cilantro
- Juice from 1 lime
- 3 oz. Cotija cheese, crumbled
- In a pot on the stovetop, bring the water or stock to a boil. Add InHarvest Aztec Blend to the pot and stir. Reduce heat and let simmer, covered, for 25 minutes.
- Lay the cooked grain out in a thin layer on a sheet pan. Reserve chilled in the walk-in or cooler.
- Roast or grill the peppers until slightly blistered and/or charred and tender. (The peppers will steam in their own heat.)
- When the peppers are cool enough to handle, use a paring knife to make a lengthwise slit from the bottom to top of each pepper. (Do not cut the stems.) Scoop out the seeds. Set the cleaned peppers aside.
- In a pan, sauté the chorizo until cooked through. Drain excess fat.
- Stir in the cooked Aztec Blend and roasted corn and heat through.
- Stir in the scallion, cilantro and lime juice.
- Stuff each pepper with 1 c. of Aztec Blend/chorizo mixture. Garnish each with ½ oz. of crumbled Cotija. Serve warm.