Vegetarian Quinoa Patties
Yield: 6 servings (12 patties)
- 2 c. water or stock
- 8 oz. InHarvest White Quinoa
- ¼ c. oil, for frying
- 1 c. small-dice onion
- 2 T. minced fresh garlic
- 4 eggs, beaten
- ¾ t. kosher salt
- 1/3 c. chopped chive
- ½ c. crumbled feta cheese
- 1¼ c. dry breadcrumbs
- In a pot on the stovetop, bring the water or stock to a boil. Add InHarvest White Quinoa to the pot and stir. Reduce heat and let simmer, covered, until done, 12 to 15 minutes.
- Drain the pot and lay the cooked quinoa out in a thin layer on a sheet pan to cool.
- In a large sauté pan over medium heat, heat the oil. Cook the onion until translucent. Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- In a large bowl, combine well the cooked quinoa, onion/garlic mixture, beaten egg, salt, chive, feta and breadcrumbs. (If the mixture is too dry, add a little water as needed to make the patties easy to form by hand.) Form 12 patties.
- Lay the patties carefully into the oil in the sauté pan. (Do not crowd the patties in the pan.) Let cook without turning or shifting the patties until the bottoms brown.
- Flip each patty over and brown the other side until the patties are cooked through.
- Drain the patties on paper towels. Serve while still warm, 2 patties per portion.
Per serving: 345 cal., 12 g pro., 35 g carb., 3 g fiber, 17 g fat (4 g sat. fat), 111 mg chol., 412 mg sod.