Smoky Creamed Corn & Black Quinoa
Yield: about 8 cups
- 1½ c. water
- 1 bay leaf
- 8 oz. InHarvest Black Quinoa
- 2 strips applewood-smoked bacon
- 1 T. unsalted butter
- 1½ lbs. frozen corn kernels
- 1 c. half & half
- ½ c. medium-dice fire-roasted red bell pepper
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 t. smoked paprika
- 1 t. kosher salt
- 1 t. ground black pepper
- 1 c. shredded cheddar
- In a pot on the stovetop, bring the water to a boil with the bay leaf. Cook InHarvest Quinoa according to package directions. Discard the bay leaf. Set the pot with the quinoa aside.
- In a sauté pan, cook the bacon until crisp. Roughly chop the bacon and set aside.
- In the same pot as the quinoa, add the butter, corn, half & half, bell pepper, garlic, paprika, salt and pepper. Increase heat until the mix starts to bubble. Reduce heat to simmer and cook for 12 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in the bacon and cheddar and simmer for 5 minutes. Serve hot.