Apple-Cranberry Sunrise Breakfast Parfait
Yield: 7 (14 oz.) servings
- 8 oz. InHarvest Sunrise Blend with Quinoa Flakes®
- 2¾ lbs. lowfat vanilla yogurt
- 1¾ pt. applesauce
- 1¾ pt. chopped apple
- ¼ c. dried cranberries
- Cook InHarvest Sunrise Blend with Quinoa Flakes® according to package directions. Let stand for 20 minutes, covered.
- Drain excess water and cool completely.
- Mix the cooled grains with yogurt.
- Separately, mix the applesauce and apple together.
- Place 1 c. applesauce mixture into each of 7 (16 oz.) clear parfait cups. Top each with 1 c. Sunrise Blend/yogurt mixture.
- Sprinkle cranberries (about 2 t.) atop each parfait and serve.
Per serving: 417 cal., 18 g pro., 86 g carb., 7 g fiber, 4 g fat (1 g sat. fat), 9 mg chol., 120 mg sod.
Chef’s notes: 1. To prevent cut apple from browning (oxidizing), sprinkle with lemon juice and toss well. 2. Nutrition analysis might change depending on the type of yogurt used.