Mixed Berry Sunrise Breakfast Parfait
Yield: 7 (14 oz.) servings
- 8 oz. InHarvest Sunrise Blend with Quinoa Flakes®
- 2¾ lbs. lowfat vanilla or any berry-flavored yogurt
- 1¾ qts. frozen mixed berries
- Cook InHarvest Sunrise Blend with Quinoa Flakes® according to package directions. Let stand for 20 minutes, covered.
- Drain excess water and cool completely.
- Mix the cooled grains with yogurt.
- Place ½ c. frozen berries into each of 7 (16 oz.) clear parfait cups. Top each with 1 c. Sunrise Blend/yogurt mixture. Repeat with ½ c. frozen berries.
- Cover tops of parfaits with plastic wrap and place in a cooler or walk-in overnight to allow berries to thaw for next-day service.
Per serving: 312 cal., 18 g pro., 59 g carb., 6 g fiber, 3 g fat (1 g sat. fat), 9 mg chol., 119 mg sod.
Chef’s notes: 1. Substitute fresh berries when in season; step 5 above can be skipped if serving same day. 2. Nutrition analysis might change depending on the types of berries and yogurt used.