Mediterranean Pearled Couscous Salad - K-12 Foodservice
This recipe was developed by InHarvest Chef Coleen Donnelly specifically for school menus.
Yield: 26 servings
A 1-cup serving provides 0.75 oz. eq. grain, ¼ cup red/orange vegetable, 1.25 oz. eq. meat/alt.
- ½ c. lemon juice
- 2 t. oregano, dried
- ¼ c. olive oil
- 1½ T. kosher salt
- ½ t. black pepper
- 1½ lbs. InHarvest Whole Wheat Pearled Couscous
- 8 c. chickpeas, cooked
- 2 c. black olives, sliced
- 4 c. red bell pepper, seeded, diced
- 1 c. scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 c. feta cheese, crumbled
- Combine lemon juice, oregano, oil, salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Cook InHarvest Whole Wheat Pearled Couscous according to package instructions.
- Cool couscous completely on a sheet pan.
- Combine couscous, chickpeas, olives, bell pepper, scallions, feta cheese and reserved dressing. Toss well.
Per serving: 221 cal., 9 g pro., 35 g carb., 7 g fiber, 6 g fat, 1 g sat. fat, 5 mg chol., 488 mg sod.