Scarlet Runner, Green & Yellow Bean Salad
Yield: 6 to 8 servings
- 8 oz. InHarvest Scarlet Runner Beans
- 4 qts. water, divided, plus as needed for rinsing
- ½ lb. green beans
- ½ lb. wax beans
- ½ c. chopped uncooked bacon
- 1 c. apple-cider Vinegar
- ½ c. water
- 1 t. honey
- 1 T. minced garlic
- ¼ c. small-dice red onion
- 4 oz. crumbled blue cheese
- 1 T. olive oil
- 1/3 c. toasted almond slivers
- Rinse and sort through InHarvest Scarlet Runner Beans, removing all unwanted materials. Soak the beans overnight in a pot with 2 qts. water.
- Drain the beans. Add 2 qts. fresh cold water to the pot and bring the beans to a boil on the stove top. Reduce heat to a simmer and cook the beans for 30 minutes or until desired doneness.
- While the scarlet runners are cooking, steam off the green and yellow beans until al dente. Reserve chilled.
- Drain the scarlet runners, lay out on a sheet tray and reserve chilled.
- In a small sauté pan, render the chopped bacon until very crispy, 5 to 7 minutes.
- To prepare the dressing, in a medium-size mixing bowl, combine the cider vinegar, ½ c. water, honey, garlic and onion.
- Toss all chilled beans together with the dressing and blue cheese. Drizzle with the olive oil. Top with slivered almonds and serve family style.