Bangers and Sweet White Runner Mash with Guinness Onion Gravy
Casual, delicious and rich with possibility, InHarvest makes a play on the British classic of bangers and mash. The dish is elevated with a wholesome and unique Sweet White Runner Mash, and then completes the profile with a satisfying and delicious Guinness Onion Gravy. This recipe stays in the casual realm, but ups the perceived value with its premium build.
Yield: 4 servings
- 8 oz. InHarvest Sweet White Runner Beans
- 1 T. butter
- ½ t kosher salt
- ¼ c. heavy whipping cream
- 1 t. extra-virgin olive oil
- ¼ c. diced onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 12 oz. Guinness beer
- 1 c. beef broth
- Roux or cornstarch, as needed
- 4 3 oz. sausages/bangers (bratwurst, andouille, kielbasa, etc.)
- In a pot, cook InHarvest Sweet White Runner Beans according to package directions. Drain the liquid.
- In a mixer or food processor, combine the cooked beans with butter, salt and cream until the texture is smooth. Reserve.
- In a small pot, heat the oil. Sauté the onion and garlic until lightly brown and beginning to caramelize.
- Add the Guinness to the pot and simmer until reduced by half.
- Add the beef broth and bring to a boil. Reduce heat. Thicken as needed with roux or cornstarch.
- Grill sausages/bangers.
- Per portion, serve ¾ cup bean mash with 3 oz. Guinness onion gravy and 1 sausage.