Ruby Wild Blend™ Fajita Rice - K-12 Foodservice
Recipe developed by InHarvest Chef Coleen Donnelly specifically for school menus.
Yield: 1 2½” hotel pan (20 ¾-cup portions)
One serving provides 1.5 grain/bread equivalent
- 2 qts. chicken or vegetable stock, low sodium
- 2 lbs. InHarvest Ruby Wild Blend™
- ¼ c. fajita seasoning
- 2 t. kosher salt
- ½ c. cilantro leaves, chopped (optional)
- In a pot, bring the stock to a boil.
- Into each 2½” hotel pan, place 2 lbs. InHarvest Ruby Wild Blend, ¼ c. fajita seasoning, 2 t. kosher salt, ½ c. cilantro (if using) and 2 qts. hot stock. Stir to combine.
- Cover the pan with parchment and foil.
- Bake in a 350°F convection oven for approximately 45 minutes or until the grain is tender and most of the liquid is absorbed.
- Uncover and stir in chopped cilantro, if using.
- Hold, covered, in a warmer or steam table until service.
Per serving: 179 cal., 6 g pro., 37 g carb., 2 g fiber, 2 g fat,