Monterey Jack Quesadilla with Beans & Quinoa - K-12 Foodservice
This recipe was developed by InHarvest Chef Coleen Donnelly specifically for school menus.
Yield: 64 quesadillas
One quesadilla provides 2 oz. equivalent grains, ¼ cup vegetable (legume), ⅛ cup vegetable (other) and 1 oz. equivalent meat/alt.
- 2 lbs. InHarvest White Quinoa
- 16 c. black beans, canned, drained
- 4 lbs. cheese, Monterey Jack, shredded
- 8 c. salsa verde, low sodium
- ½ c. cumin, ground
- 64 tortillas, whole-wheat flour (8”, 44 g.)
- Cook quinoa according to package directions.
- Drain off any excess liquid and cool the quinoa under refrigeration.
- In a large bowl or mixer with paddle attachment, combine the beans, cheese, salsa, cumin and cooled quinoa.
- Mix thoroughly.
- Using a #8 disher, scoop the filling onto the bottom half of the tortilla.
- Spread the filling out over the tortilla to ½” from the edge.
- Fold the tortilla over and press to seal.
- Place the quesadillas on parchment-lined sheet pans, 12 per tray with edges slightly overlapping.
- Wrap the sheet pans and store under refrigeration until ready to cook.
- Heat in a 350°F oven until the internal temperature reaches 165°F (5 to 10 minutes).
Nutrition Facts Per serving: 353 cal., 17 g pro., 43 g carb., 8 g fiber, 13 g fat, 6.5 g. sat. fat, 25 mg chol., 351 mg sod.
* USDA salsa may be substituted for the salsa verde.