Greenwheat Freekeh™ and Massaged Kale Salad - 8 oz.
Yield: 8 servings
- 8 oz. InHarvest Greenwheat Freekeh™
- 2 c. chicken stock or salted water
- 2 bunches kale, cleaned, ribs removed
- 2 small lemons, juiced
- 3 anchovy fillets
- 3 garlic cloves
- ½ t. TABASCO®
- ¾ c. olive oil
- ½ t. kosher salt
- ½ t. ground black pepper
- 1 c. shredded Parmesan
- In a rice cooker, add InHarvest Greenwheat Freekeh and stock or water. Cook, covered, for 22 minutes or until tender. Remove the freekeh from heat and transfer it to a container. Set aside to cool.
- Place the kale in a large bowl and begin tearing the leaves into smaller pieces while massaging them. Continue until the kale becomes dark, tender and is in bite-size pieces.
- To make the dressing, combine the lemon juice, anchovies, garlic, TABASCO, olive oil, salt and pepper. Purée with an immersion blender or in a food processor until thickened and well blended.
- In a large bowl, toss together the freekeh, kale, dressing and Parmesan. Serve 1 cup per portion at room temperature.