Mexican Rice Casserole with Black Pearl Medley® - Military Foodservice
Yield: 38 cups
- 2 qts. hot water
- 4 oz. InHarvest Achiote Seasoning
- 2 T. ground red pepper
- 2 lbs. InHarvest Black Pearl Medley®
- 2 qts. diced tomato, no salt added
- 4 lbs. ground turkey, browned, drained of fat
- 8 c. frozen corn
- 4 c. frozen diced green chile pepper
- 2 c. medium-diced yellow onion
- 3 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- 2 c. shredded cheddar cheese
- In a 2” hotel pan, combine the hot water, InHarvest Achiote Seasoning and red pepper. Stir until blended.
- Add the InHarvest Black Pearl Medley, tomato, turkey, corn, green chile, onion and garlic. Mix well. Cover the pan with aluminum foil and bake in a conventional oven at 350ºF for 55 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the oven, uncover the pan, and sprinkle the cheddar over the top. Place the pan back in the oven and cook for another 10 minutes or until the cheese is melted.