Latin Chipotle Quinoa Salad - Military Foodservice
Yield: 30 cups
- 2 qts. hot water
- 2 lbs. InHarvest White Quinoa
- ½ c. chipotle chiles in adobo sauce, sauce only, chiles reserved
- 1 c. freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 c. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 c. sugar, or as needed
- Salt, as needed
- 5 firm avocados (optional)
- 2 T. lime juice for avocado (optional)
- 3 bunches scallions, green parts only, diced
- 2 bunches cilantro, chopped
- 3 c. roasted corn
- 5 Roma tomatoes, seeded and diced
- In a 2½” hotel pan, combine the hot water and InHarvest White Quinoa. Stir well. Cover the pan with aluminum foil and bake in a conventional oven at 350ºF for 15 minutes or until the quinoa is cooked.
- Remove the pan from the oven and place the pan in the walk-in or cooler to chill.
- To make the chipotle-lime dressing, combine the adobo sauce and lime juice. Slowly whisk in the olive oil until blended. Adjust with sugar and salt to taste.
- Add the chipotle-lime dressing to the chilled quinoa and mix well.
- If including avocado, dice the avocado and coat with 2 T. lime juice to prevent oxidation.
- Gently stir the avocado, scallion, cilantro, corn and tomato into the dressed quinoa until well blended. Chill before service.
Chef’s Note: Serve Latin Chipotle Quinoa Salad in a wrap or as stuffed bell peppers or tomatoes. Add grilled chicken or shrimp if desired.