Kansas Medley™ Jambalaya - Military Foodservice
Yield: 32 cups
- 6 c. hot water
- 2 T. paprika
- 1 T. ground red pepper
- 1 4-oz.package InHarvest Country Chicken Seasoning
- 2 lbs. InHarvest Kansas Medley™
- 4 10-oz. cans diced tomato, no salt added
- 3 c. diced green chile pepper
- 2 c. diced green bell pepper
- 5 lbs. cooked diced chicken breast
- 1 lb. andouille sausage, sliced
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 bunches scallions, sliced
- In a 2½” hotel pan, combine the water, paprika, red pepper and InHarvest Country Chicken Seasoning. Stir until blended.
- Add InHarvest Kansas Medley, tomato, peppers, chicken, sausage and bay leaves, and mix well. Cover the pan with aluminum foil and bake in a conventional oven at 350ºF for 45 minutes or until the grains are tender and all the liquid is absorbed.
- Remove the pan from the oven, uncover the pan, and discard the bay leaves. Stir in the scallion before serving.