Sunrise Breakfast Strawberry-Banana Parfaits - K-12 Foodservice
This recipe was developed by InHarvest Chef Coleen Donnelly specifically for school menus.
Yield: 28 14-oz. parfaits
One serving provides 1 grain/bread equivalent, 1 cup fruit and 1.5 oz. meat/alt.
- 2 lbs. InHarvest Sunrise Blend with Quinoa Flakes®
- 1½ qts. boiling water
- 10½ lbs. lowfat strawberry yogurt
- 3½ qts. frozen (thawed) strawberries
- 28 bananas, 150 count, peeled, sliced
- Assemble the parfaits the day before to allow the strawberries to thaw.
- Into a bowl or hotel pan, place 2 lbs. InHarvest Sunrise Blend with Quinoa Flakes®. Pour hot water over the grains. Stir to combine.
- Cover the container with plastic wrap and let stand for 20 minutes to allow the grains to rehydrate.
- Drain excess water from the container. Cool completely.
- In a bowl, mix the cooled grains with yogurt.
- Layer into 16-oz. parfait cups as follows: ½. c. strawberries, ½ c. bananas, 1 c. Sunrise Blend/yogurt mixture.
- Cover parfaits with plastic wrap and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Nutrition Facts Per serving: 425 cal., 19 g pro., 88 g carb., 7.5 g fiber, 4 g fat, 1.7 g. sat. fat, 10 mg chol., 116 mg sod.
1. The type of yogurt used might alter the nutrition analysis.