Black Pearl Medley® Jambalaya
This Jambalaya has all the key elements of the traditional recipe – chicken, andouille, and heat – but cooks up in one pot, for easy prep. Black Pearl Medley® adds depth-of-flavor and texture with whole grain brown rice, black barley and Daikon radish seeds.
Yield: 6 1-cup servings
- 2 c. chicken stock
- 1 bay leaf
- 8 oz. InHarvest Black Pearl Medley®
- ½ lb. cooked diced chicken
- ½ lb. sliced andouille sausage
- ½ c. medium-dice green bell pepper
- 1 10-oz. can Ro-tel® Original Diced Tomatoes & Green Chilies
- ¼ c. canola oil
- 1 T. smoked paprika
- Salt, freshly ground black pepper and Tabasco®, to taste
- 1 bunch scallions, sliced
- In a large stockpot, add the chicken stock and bay leaf and bring to a boil.
- Add InHarvest Black Pearl Medley, chicken, sausage, bell pepper, tomatoes, oil and paprika. Stir, cover and reduce heat to a simmer. Cook on the stovetop for 35 minutes or until all liquid is absorbed.
- Discard the bay leaf. Season to taste with salt, pepper and Tabasco®. Top with sliced scallion before serving.