Golden Jewel Blend® Cranberry & Apple Salad - 8 oz.
Introduce the fall season with Golden Jewel Blend®, crisp apple and bright cranberries. A blend of apple-cider vinegar, mustard, canola oil, brown sugar and garlic bring in warm, high notes. Fresh herbs keep this salad lively.
Yield: 6 (½ cup) servings
- 2 c. chicken stock or lightly salted water
- 8 oz. InHarvest Golden Jewel Blend®
- ¼ c. apple-cider vinegar
- ½ c. canola or light olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- ¼ c. light-brown sugar
- 1 t. kosher salt
- ¼ t. coarsely ground black pepper
- 1 t. Dijon mustard
- 1 Granny Smith apple, medium dice
- 1 c. dried cranberries
- ¼ c. chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1 t. chopped fresh thyme
- 1 t. chopped fresh rosemary
- ½ c. sliced almonds
- In a small pot, bring the stock or water to a boil. Add InHarvest Golden Jewel Blend. Cover, reduce heat and simmer for 12 minutes. Remove from heat; set aside to cool.
- To make the vinaigrette, in a food processor or immersion blender combine the vinegar, oil, garlic, brown sugar, salt, pepper and mustard. Blend well.
- In a bowl, combine the cooked Golden Jewel Blend, apple, cranberries, herbs and almonds. Stir in the vinaigrette. Let rest for a few minutes before serving.