Black Pearl Medley® Taj Salad - K-12 Foodservice
Recipe developed by InHarvest Chef Coleen Donnelly specifically for school menus.
Yield: 30 1-cup servings
A 1-cup serving provides 1 bread/grain serving, ¼ cup fruit/vegetable.
- 2 lbs. InHarvest Black Pearl Medley®
- 2/3 c. lemon juice
- 1-2/3 T. curry powder
- 2½ t. kosher salt
- 1/3 c. honey
- 2/3 c. mayonnaise
- 5 c. apples, unpeeled, cored, diced
- 2½ c. celery, diced
- 2½ c. cranberries, dried
- Cook InHarvest Black Pearl Medley according to package instructions. (The grains should be very tender, yet still retain their natural chewy texture.)
- Lay Black Pearl Medley out on a sheet pan and chill.
- To prepare the dressing, in a small bowl, whisk together the lemon juice, curry powder, salt, honey and mayonnaise. Refrigerate if not using immediately.
- In a large bowl, combine the Black Pearl Medley, apples, celery and cranberries.
- Pour the dressing over the salad. Mix well to combine.
Per serving: 324 cal., 4 g pro., 71 g carb., 8 g fiber, 3 g fat, .3 g sat. fat, 1 mg chol., 206 mg sod.