Curried Black Pearl Medley® & Grilled Chicken Lettuce Wraps
These crisp, cool lettuce wraps feature Black Pearl Medley®, our wholesome, flavorful combination of brown rice, black barley and Daikon radish seeds.
Yield: 18 servings
- 2½ c. water
- 8 oz. InHarvest Black Pearl Medley®
- 2 T. lemon juice
- 1 t. curry powder
- ½ t. finely chopped garlic
- ½ t. kosher salt
- 1 T. honey
- 1/8 c. mayonnaise
- 1 Granny Smith apple, peel on, cored, diced (approx. 1 c.)
- ½ c. diced celery
- ½ c. dried cranberries
- 18 butterhead (Boston, Bibb) lettuce leaves
- 18 oz. diced grilled chicken thigh
- Bring water to a boil; stir in InHarvest Black Pearl Medley. Reduce to a simmer and cook, covered, until grains are tender yet retain their natural chewy texture, about 35 minutes. Lay Black Pearl Medley out on a sheet pan and chill.
- To prepare the dressing, whisk together the lemon juice, curry powder, garlic, salt, honey and mayonnaise.
- In a large bowl, combine the Black Pearl Medley, apple, celery and cranberries. Pour the dressing over the salad and mix well to incorporate.
- Per order: Scoop 1/3 c. Black Pearl Medley mixture into the center of a lettuce leaf. Top with 1 oz. chicken. Serve with additional dressing on the side if desired.