Hawaiian Jasmine Blend, Fried Rice Style with SPAM®
Yield: 12 ½-cup servings
- 2 c. chicken stock
- 8 oz. InHarvest Jasmine Blend
- 2 T. canola oil, divided
- 3 eggs, beaten
- ½ lb. SPAM®, medium dice
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ¾ c. diced grilled pineapple
- ½ c. ¼-in. sliced scallion
- In a pot, bring the chicken stock to boil. Add InHarvest Jasmine Blend and bring back to a boil. Reduce heat, cover, and let simmer for 9 minutes. Set the Jasmine Blend aside to cool. (Or, cook a day ahead and refrigerate.)
- In a sauté pan, heat 1 T. oil and fry eggs omelet style. Remove the egg and chop into ¼” pieces.
- In the same pan, brown SPAM and remove.
- Heat the remaining oil in the pan and cook the Jasmine Blend until the rice just begins to brown. Add the garlic, SPAM, pineapple and egg. Cook for about 3 minutes, stirring continuously. Fold in the scallion and cook for 1 minute. Serve warm.