Black Pearl Medley® with Andouille and Cauliflower
Yield: 14 ½-cup servings
- ¼ c. olive oil
- 2 T. lemon juice
- 1 t. minced fresh oregano
- ¼ t. smoked paprika (or to taste)
- 2 c. chicken stock
- 1 bay leaf
- 8 oz. InHarvest Black Pearl Medley®
- ¼ c. canola oil
- 5 c. cauliflower florets
- ½ lb. andouille link sausage (or linguiça or Spanish chorizo), bias sliced
- ¼ c. chopped parsley
- ¼ t. salt
- ¼ t. ground black pepper
- To prepare the vinaigrette, blend olive oil, lemon juice, oregano and paprika in a food processor. Reserve.
- In a small pot, add the bay leaf to the chicken stock and bring to a boil. Add InHarvest Black Pearl Medley; reduce heat. Cover and cook for 35 minutes. Discard the bay leaf.
- In a sauté pan, heat the canola oil. Add the cauliflower florets and sausage and fry until the cauliflower starts to brown. Remove the cauliflower florets and sausage from the pan and drain on paper towels.
- In a bowl, toss together the Black Pearl Medley, cauliflower, sausage, parsley, vinaigrette, salt and pepper. Serve immediately.