Quinoa Stuffed Peppers
Yield: 4 servings
- 8 oz. InHarvest Tri-Color Quinoa
- 1 ½ c. chicken stock
- 1 bay leaf
- 4 Anaheim or Fresno Peppers
- 1 c. chopped pecans or toasted pumpkin seeds
- 1 c. rotisserie chicken, pulled and chopped
- ½ c. Mexican white cheese like Cojita or Queso Fresco
- ½ t. smoked paprika
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 c. sour cream
- 1 T. adobo sauce or 1 teaspoon Chipotle Tabasco
- ½ lime, juiced
- ¼ c. cilantro, minced
To make chipotle cream: Blend together sour cream, adobo, lime juice and cilantro. Place in squirt bottle to use as topping.
- Cook the quinoa with the chicken stock and bay leaf according to the package directions. In a mixing bowl combine the InHarvest Tri-Color Quinoa, chicken, pecans, cheese and paprika. Mix well.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Take the peppers and slice them lengthwise on one side and remove as many of the seeds and pith as possible. Stuff each pepper with the quinoa-chicken mix.
- Place pepper in a casserole pan, place in oven and bake for 22 minutes or until pepper is soft. Top with Chipotle Cream.