Curried Black Pearl Medley® Salad - K-12 Foodservice
Recipe developed by InHarvest Chef Coleen Donnelly specifically for school menus.
Yield: 11 servings or 5 ½ cups
- 1 c. InHarvest Black Pearl Medley®
- 2 T. lemon juice
- 1 t. curry powder
- ½ t. garlic clove, finely chopped
- ½ t. kosher salt
- 1 T. honey
- ⅛ c. mayonnaise
- 1 c. apples, unpeeled, cored and diced
- ½ c. celery, diced
- ½ c. cranberries, dried
- Cook the InHarvest Black Pearl Medley according to package instructions. The grains should be very tender, yet still retain their natural chewy texture.
- Cool completely on a sheetpan.
- Whisk together the lemon juice, garlic, curry powder, salt, honey and mayonnaise.
- Combine cooled Black Pearl Medley, apples, celery and cranberries in a large bowl.
- Pour dressing over the salad and mix well to combine.