Aztec Flat-Iron Wrap with Cilantro Yogurt
Wraps have become menu staples, offering a casual entree option with a healthy bent. Adding a multigrain blend or medley, like Aztec Blend™, adds value and flavor to old stand-bys.
Yield: 7 servings
- 2½ c. vegetable stock
- 8 oz. InHarvest Aztec Blend™
- ¾ c. plain yogurt
- 2 T. freshly squeezed lime juice
- ¼ c. chopped fresh cilantro
- ¼ t. kosher salt
- 1 t. ground cumin
- 14 oz. beef flat iron
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 c. roasted corn kernels
- 1 c. cooked black beans
- 1 c. diced bell pepper (red, green or both)
- 1 medium avocado, diced
- 7 12” flour tortilla wraps
- On the stovetop, bring vegetable stock to a boil. Add InHarvest Aztec Blend™. Simmer, covered, for 30 minutes. Remove from heat; let rest, covered, for 5 minutes before chilling.
- In a small mixing bowl whisk together yogurt, lime juice, cilantro, kosher salt and cumin. Chill.
- Season beef with salt and pepper. Grill to medium rare. Chill.
- Mix chilled Aztec Blend with corn, black beans, bell pepper and avocado.
- Slice beef in ½-in.-thick strips.
- Per order: Place 1 cup Aztec Blend mixture across the center of 1 tortilla. Spread 2 T. cilantro-yogurt sauce over the part of the tortilla farthest from you.
- Layer 2 oz. beef over the Aztec Blend mixture. Tuck both sides of the tortilla in before rolling tightly. Slice in half and serve.
Chef’s tips: Coat avocado with lime or lemon juice to prevent oxidation if not serving immediately. Add ground cayenne or hot sauce to yogurt sauce for a spicier flavor profile.