Latin Chipotle Quinoa Salad - 2 lb.
Yield: About 40, half-cup servings
- 2 lbs. InHarvest Red Quinoa
- 6 T. chipotle in adobo sauce (use sauce only, add chipotle for more heat)
- 2 qts. water
- ¾ c. lime juice, freshly squeezed
- 1 ¼ c. extra virgin olive oil
- 3- 4 T. sugar (adjust to taste)
- 3 bunches scallions, diced, green parts only
- 1 ½ bunches cilantro, fresh, chopped
- 3 c. roasted corn
- 5 Roma tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 4-5 avocados, diced, firm avocados work best
- 1 lime, juice to coat avocado
- Bring 2 quarts water to a boil, stir in InHarvest Red Quinoa. Reduce to a simmer and cover for about 15 minutes, or until liquid is gone. Cool Quinoa quickly.
- Slowly whisk olive oil into lime juice and adobo sauce until blended. Adjust flavor with sugar (and salt if desired).
- Add chipotle lime dressing to Red Quinoa and mix well.
- Dice avocado and coat with lime juice to prevent browning.
- Gently stir in remaining ingredients and mix well. Chill before service.
*Serve in a wrap, or as stuffed bell peppers or tomatoes. Add grilled chicken or shrimp if desired.