Roasted Sweet Potato & Tuxedo Barley™ Salad
Yield: 5 cups
- 2 c. water
- 8 oz. InHarvest Tuxedo Barley™
- 4 c. peeled, medium-dice sweet potato
- ½ c. honey
- ¼ c. Dijon mustard
- ½ c. mayonnaise
- 1 T. chiffonade of fresh basil
- Bring water to a boil; add InHarvest Tuxedo Barley. Cook, covered, for 50 minutes. Uncover and lay Tuxedo Barley out on a sheet tray. Chill and reserve.
- Bake sweet potatoes at 350°F until tender, 25 to 30 minutes. Chill and reserve.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk the honey, mustard and mayonnaise until well blended. Reserve.
- In a large mixing bowl add sweet potatoes, Tuxedo Barley™ and basil. Fold in the dressing. Chill until service.