Warm KAMUT® Blend Salad with Caramelized Squash & Cranberry Fig Chutney
Yield: About 44 half-cup servings
- 2 lbs. InHarvest KAMUT® Blend
- 2½ qts. chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 t. kosher salt
- 2 T. extra virgin olive oil
- ½ c. red onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 12 oz. dried cranberries, figs & apricots
- ½ c. red wine vinegar
- ¾ c. water
- 3 T. sugar
- ¼ c. olive oil
- 1 red onion
- 3 c. acorn squash
- 1 T. fresh thyme
- salt and pepper to taste
- Bring stock to a boil, stir in Kamut® Blend and salt. Reduce to a simmer, cover and cook for about 45 minutes, or until desired texture. Drain excess liquid and reserve rice.
- Sauté diced red onion and garlic in olive oil until onion is translucent, stir in dried fruit.
- Add vinegar, water and sugar; simmer low for 10 minutes. Reserve.
- Sauté julienne red onion in olive oil until caramelized, remove from pan and reserve. In same pan, sauté squash and thyme until squash is caramelized.
- Salt and pepper as needed.
- Mix all ingredients well and serve. Top with duck confit if desired.
KAMUT® is a registered trademark of Kamut International and is used under license.