Yield: About 64 tostadas
- 2 lbs. InHarvest Sunrise Blend with Quinoa Flakes®
- 1 ½ qts.water
- 64 6-inch yellow corn tortillas
- canola oil for frying tortillas
- 1 ½ lbs. chorizo sausage, half-moon slice
- 2 T. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 c. diced onion
- ¼ c. garlic, fresh minced
- ¼ c. Tabasco®
- 2 c. roasted corn kernels (about 4 cobs)
- 4 c. cooked black beans
- 2 c. tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 2 dozen scrambled eggs
- 4 t. ground cumin
- juice from 2 limes
- 1 bunch cilantro, chopped
- salt to taste
- queso fresco or Cotija cheese
- cilantro sprigs if desired
- Bring 1 ½ qts. water to a boil, stir in Sunrise Blend with Quinoa Flakes®. Remove from heat and let rest covered for 20 minutes.
- Fry corn tortillas until crisp and golden, drain on paper towels and reserve.
- Sauté chorizo in olive oil for 2 minutes, add onions and continue to sauté for an additional 2 minutes.
- Add garlic and sauté 1 minute. Combine all remaining ingredients and mix well with Sunrise Blend with Quinoa Flakes.
- For service, place ½ c. Sunrise Blend with Quinoa Flakes mixture on tortilla shell topped with a tablespoon of queso fresco cheese. Serve with sour cream and salsa if desired.