Wild Rice Stuffing with Dried Cherries & Toasted Almonds
Yield: About 44 half-cup servings
- 2 lbs. InHarvest Wild Rice (Grade A, A+ or A/B)
- 4 qts. chicken or vegetable stock
- 2 T. extra virgin olive oil
- 3 T. garlic, minced
- 1 c. carrot, small dice
- 4 celery stalks, small dice
- 2 scallion bunches, sliced
- 1 t. thyme, fresh chopped
- ⅛ c. balsamic vinegar
- 1 ¼ c. slivered almonds, toasted
- 3 c. dried cherries
- salt and pepper to taste
- Bring 4 qts. stock to a boil, stir in InHarvest Wild Rice. Simmer, covered, for 45 minutes or until wild rice has reached desired texture. Drain excess liquid and reserve rice.
- Sauté garlic, carrots and celery in olive oil for about 2 minutes, stir in scallions, thyme and balsamic vinegar. Add almonds and cherries and mix well.
- Mix in wild rice and salt and pepper to taste. Use as a stuffing for squash, poultry or wild game.