Wheat Berry Salad with Tomato Basil Vinaigrette
Yield: 48 half-cup servings or 6 quarts
- 2 lbs. InHarvest Wheat Berries
- 1 qt. white beans, cooked
- 1 qt. tomatoes, diced, with juice
- ¼ c. Dijon mustard
- ¼ c. lemon juice
- 1 ⅓ T. garlic, minced
- 1 ⅓ T. kosher salt
- 1 t. pepper
- ½ c. olive oil
- 2 qts. tomatoes, grape or cherry, halved
- 1 c. basil, chopped
- 1 c. Parmesan cheese, grated
- Cook InHarvest Wheat Berries according to package instructions. The wheat berries should be very tender, yet still retain their natural chewy texture.
- Drain and cool completely on a sheetpan under refrigeration.
- Using a blender or hand-held immersion blender, puree the canned tomatoes, Dijon mustard, lemon juice, garlic, salt and pepper.
- With blender running, add the olive oil slowly and blend until emulsified. If no blender is available, use a whisk to combine ingredients.
- Gently combine wheat berries, beans, fresh tomatoes, basil and parmesan with the dressing, using a rubber spatula to mix.
- Refrigerate salad for at least 2 hours to allow the wheat berries to absorb the dressing and for the flavors to develop.