Wheat Berry and Black Bean Salad
Yield: 44 half-cup servings or 5 ½ quarts
- 2 lbs. InHarvest Wheat Berries
- 2 qts. black beans, cooked
- 1 qt. green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 c. diced red onion
- 1 c. cilantro, chopped
- 2 ⅔ T. cumin
- ⅔ c. lime juice
- ½ c. vegetable oil
- 2 T. kosher salt
- 1 t. black pepper
- Cook the InHarvest Wheat Berries according to package instructions. The wheat berries should be very tender, yet still retain their natural chewy texture.
- Drain well and cool completely on a sheetpan.
- Whisk together the lime juice, cumin, salt, pepper and oil in a bowl large enough to hold all ingredients.
- Add the wheat berries, black beans, green peppers, onion and cilantro.
- Mix well to combine using a rubber spatula.
- Refrigerate salad for at least 2 hours to allow the flavors to develop and meld. Mix again before serving.