Black Pearl Medley® Chicken "Fried" Rice - K-12 Foodservice
This recipe was developed by InHarvest Chef Coleen Donnelly specifically for school menus.
Yield: 1 2½” hotel pan (27 1-cup servings)
A 1-cup serving provides 1 grain/bread serving, ¼ cup vegetable and 2 oz. meat/alt.
- ½ c. ginger, finely minced or grated
- ¼ c. garlic clove, minced
- 2½ qts. chicken stock, low sodium
- 2 lbs. InHarvest Black Pearl Medley®
- 3½ lbs. chicken meat, cooked, diced
- 4 c. carrots, peeled and diced
- 1 c. soy sauce, low sodium
- 2 T. toasted sesame oil
- 4 c. peas, frozen, thawed
- 1 c. scallions, thinly sliced
- In a large pot, combine the ginger, garlic and chicken stock and bring to a boil.
- Into each 2½” hotel pan, place 2 lbs. InHarvest Black Pearl Medley, 3½ lbs. chicken, 4 cups carrots, 1 cup soy sauce, 2 T. sesame oil and 2½ qts. hot stock mixture. Stir well to combine and distribute the ingredients.
- Cover the pan tightly with parchment paper and foil.
- Cook in a 350°F convection oven for approximately 1 hour or until the rice is tender and most of the liquid is absorbed.
- Remove the pan from the oven, remove the foil and paper, and stir in 4 cups peas and 1 cup scallions to each pan.
- Let stand, covered, for 10 minutes. Stir well before serving.
Per serving: 266 cal., 26 g pro., 32 g carb., 6 g fiber, 4.5 g fat, 1 g sat. fat, 54 mg chol., 409 mg sod.
- This recipe is intended to be made in multiple hotel-pan batches. If the desired total is not a multiple of the hotel-pan yield, a partial pan may be made with adjustments to the amounts listed in the directions.
- The meat/meat alternate contribution is calculated on an ounce-to-ounce basis. If using a product that requires more than 1 ounce to meet the ounce equivalent, the recipe will require adjustment in order to meet the stated M/MA contribution.