White Quinoa Tabbouleh and Hummus Wraps
This recipe was developed by Chef Coleen Donnelly specifically for school menus.
Yield: 120 wraps
- 2 lbs. InHarvest White Quinoa
- 3 qts. cucumber, peeled, seeded and cut into ¼-inch cubes
- 5 ½ c. parsley, chopped
- 1 T. garlic clove, minced
- ⅔ c. olive oil
- 1 ¼ c. lemon juice
- 2 T. salt
- 15 qts. romaine lettuce, chopped
- 3 ¾ qts. tomato, diced (fresh or canned, drained)
- 7 ½ qts. hummus
- 120 tortillas, whole wheat flour, 10-inch
- Cook InHarvest White Quinoa according to package instructions.
- Spread out on a sheetpan to cool.
- Combine cucumber, parsley, garlic, olive oil, lemon juice and salt with the cooled quinoa and mix well.
To assemble wraps:
- Spread ¼ c. hummus onto the center of the tortilla in an even layer.
- Spread ¼ c. tabbouleh on top of the hummus layer.
- Spread ⅛ c. tomato on top of the tabbouleh.
- Spread ½ c. romaine lettuce on top as the final layer.
- Fold the sides of the tortilla in over the filling.
- Fold the bottom flap of the tortilla up to the center of the filling.
- Holding the sides in place, roll the tortilla up from the bottom all the way to the top.
- Cut wrap in half and serve or store in a tightly sealed container under refrigeration until ready to serve.