Whole Grain 5 Arroz con Pollo
Whole Grain 5 Blend™ melds Colusari™ red rice, grano (ancient durum wheat), wild rice, sprouted brown rice and long-grain parboiled brown rice for a versatile, great-tasting multigrain blend with visual appeal.
Yield: 6½ cups
- ½ c. Canned diced tomato
- 2½ T. Canned diced green chile
- 2/3 c. Onion, coarsely chopped
- 5 Garlic cloves, peeled
- 1/3 c. Cilantro, chopped, packed
- ½ t. Ground cumin
- ¼ t. Allspice
- 1 t. Vegetable oil
- 2½ c. Chicken stock
- 1 t. Kosher salt
- 8 oz. Uncooked InHarvest Whole Grain 5 Blend™
- 1 lb. Boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut into 1-inch pieces
- In a food processor or blender, combine tomato, green chile, onion, garlic, cilantro, cumin and allspice. Purée.
- In a stockpot large enough to hold all of the chicken stock, heat oil over medium-high. Add the purée to the pot and cook, stirring, until excess moisture is cooked out.
- Add salt and stock to the mixture and bring to a boil.
- In a half hotel pan place InHarvest Whole Grain 5 Blend™, chicken pieces and stock mixture. Stir well to combine and distribute the chicken.
- Cover the pan tightly with foil and place in a 350°F oven for approximately 70 minutes or until all liquid is absorbed.
- Remove the pan from the oven and let stand, covered, for 10 minutes.
- Stir well before serving.