Early Harvest Wild-Rice Crêpes
Yield: 34 crêpes
- 2 c. water, lightly salted
- 8 oz. InHarvest Early Harvest Wild Rice (Grade C), dry
- 5 c. all-purpose flour
- 10 Grade A large eggs
- 2½ c. milk
- 2½ c. water
- 1¼ t. salt
- ½ c. plus 2 T. salted butter, melted
- nonstick cooking spray, as needed
- Bring water to a boil; add InHarvest Early Harvest (Grade C) Wild Rice. Bring back to a boil. Reduce to a simmer and cook for 20 minutes covered. Let rest for 5 minutes and chill on a sheet tray.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour and eggs. Gradually add in the milk and water, stirring to combine. Add the salt and butter; beat until smooth.
- Add cooled wild rice to the batter. Mix well.
- Heat a medium frying pan over medium high. For each crêpe to order, spray the pan, coating well. Stir the batter with a 2-oz. ladle to mix well, and scoop approximately ¼ cup (2 oz.) wild-rice batter into the pan. Tilt the pan with a circular motion so that the batter coats the surface evenly. Cook the crêpe for about 2 minutes until the bottom is light brown. Loosen with a spatula, flip and cook the other side.
- Add a favorite filling to the center, fold over and roll out of the pan.
- Serve immediately with whipped cream or a favorite dessert sauce or drizzle with honey.