Whole Grain 5 with Cranberries, Squash and Pecans
- 8 oz. InHarvest Whole Grain 5 Blend™
- 2 ½ c. chicken stock
- 1 c. buttercup or acorn squash, peeled, seeded and cubed ¼ inch
- 2 T. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 t. fresh sage, chopped
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- 2 oz. thick-cut bacon
- ¾ c. leek, half moon cut, dark green part omitted
- Pecan halves, toasted
- ½ c. dried cranberries
- Cook InHarvest Whole Grain 5 Blend™ in chicken stock, reserve. Preheat oven to 400° F.
- Coat cubed squash with olive oil, sage and salt and pepper to taste. Spread squash onto hotel pan and roast for 5 to 6 minutes on each side, remove and cool.
- Sauté bacon until fat is rendered out, add leeks and sauté for an additional minute. Remove excess bacon fat if desired. Add pecans and cranberries and mix well.