Sweet Potato Sunrise Hash with Free-Range Poached Egg
Recipe & Photo Courtesy of Chef Jeffrey Nayda
Yield: 6 servings
- 8 oz. InHarvest Sunrise Blend with
- 2 c. sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed 1/2”
- 2/3 c. onions,
preferably sweet, finely chopped
- 3 T. dried sweetened
- 3 T. golden raisins
- 2 T. raisins
- 6 cage-free eggs, large
- Pinch of cinnamon
- Canola oil, scant
- Seasonal fresh fruit and fresh mint for garnish
- Bring 1 1/2 c. lightly salted water to a
boil. Stir in 8 ounces Sunrise Blend with
Quinoa Flakes®. Cover and remove from
heat. Let rest covered for 20 minutes.
Steam cubed sweet potatoes until soft.
- Sauté chopped onion in a large skillet in
canola oil until translucent.
Add steamed cubed sweet potatoes to
sautéed onions, cooking until potatoes
- Add 4 cups cooked Sunrise Blend with
Quinoa Flakes to potato/onion mixture.
- Combine ingredients and sauté over low
heat until lightly browned.
- Add dried fruit and cinnamon. Mix together well and remove from heat. Cover and set aside.
- Poach cage-free eggs to desired doneness.
- Place scant 1 c. cooked mixture onto
plates using a timbale.
- Top each serving with a poached egg and garnish with seasonal fresh fruit and mint.