Whole Grain 5 & Roasted Corn Pancake with Avocado Mousse & Baja Shrimp
Mouths will water any time of day when you serve up this eye-catching entree.
Yield: 30 cakes
- 2 1/2 c. InHarvest Whole Grain 5 Blend™, prepared
- 4 c. Whole grain pancake batter, prepared
- 1 T. olive oil
- 2 c. corn, roasted
- 1 bunch scallions, sliced
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 5 each avocados
- 1/2 c. sour cream
- 2 limes
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 lb. 26/30 count shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Extra virgin olive oil, as needed for sauteing shrimp and cooking cakes
- Chipotle or other chili pepper, as needed to season shrimp
- Cilantro, for garnish
- Cook InHarvest Whole Grain 5 Blend™ according to package directions. Drain any excess liquid and cool.
- Prepare whole grain pancake batter per package directions, reserve.
- Saute garlic in olive oil for 2 minutes; mix in roasted corn, scallions and rice and heat through while stirring.
- After Whole Grain 5 has cooled, mix with pancake batter and reserve.
- Combine peeled and pitted avocados with sour cream, salt and lime juice in processor. Blend until smooth. Add more sour cream if desired.
- Heat oil in skillet and add 1/4 cup batter for each cake. Saute until light brown on both sides and cooked through. Shrimp should be sauteed in separate pan with chili pepper seasoning until just cooked through.
To serve: Top each cake with a spoonful of avocado mousse (pastry bag or squeeze bottle also works well), add one shrimp and sprig of cilantro to finish.