Wild Rice and Smoked Salmon Filo Tartlets
Re-imagine the possibilities of wild rice with delectable bite-sized tartlets.
Yield: 48 tartlets
- ½ c. sour cream
- ½ c. cream cheese
- ¼ c. fresh chive, sliced small
- 2 T. fresh dill, chopped
- 1 juice from lemon
- Kosher salt, to taste
- 48 mini filo shells
- 3 c. InHarvest Grade A Wild Rice, cooked (about 1 cup, or 8 oz., dry)
- ½ c. red onion, small dice
- ½ c. capers
- 12 oz. gravlax (thin-sliced, cold-smoked salmon)
- Whole fresh dill, as needed for garnish
- In a medium bowl, mix sour cream, cream cheese, chive, dill and lemon juice until well blended. Season with salt to taste. Reserve.
- In a separate bowl, combine cooked InHarvest Wild Rice, red onion and capers. Mix well. Reserve.
Fill each filo tartlet shell with 1 T. wild rice, caper and onion mixture. Top wild rice with 1 t. cream-cheese mixture, ¼ ounce gravlax and a small piece of fresh dill for garnish.