Sunrise Crusted Georgia Trout
Recipe & Photo Courtesy of Chef Tony Santoriello
Yield: 4 fillets
- 4 - 6 oz. trout fillets
- 1 T. extra virgin olive oil
- ½ c. InHarvest Sunrise Blend with Quinoa Flakes®
- ¾ c. water
- 1 t. kosher salt
- ¼ t. granulated sugar
- ⅛ c. brown sugar
- 1 t. granulated sugar
- 1 t. crushed pecans
- ½ T. kosher salt
- ⅛ t. lemon pepper seasoning
- ⅛ t. cajun seasoning
- 1 t. all-purpose flour
- Soak InHarvest Sunrise Blend with Quinoa Flakes® in a medium bowl with water, sugar and salt overnight in refrigeration. Uncover and allow to air dry for two hours.
- Combine breading ingredients (minus flour) with prepped Sunrise Blend and fold together.
- Coat meat side of trout with 1 teaspoon olive oil and sprinkle evenly with flour. Generously coat meat side of trout with prepped Sunrise Blend and gently pat down to form a thick crust.
- Using a large non-stick, pre-heated sauté pan, add 1 tablespoon oil and place trout crust side down first, and cook for 4 minutes on medium heat. Gently turn and cook an additional 4 minutes.
- Place trout on a greased baking pan and cook in a pre-heated oven at 350°F for 5 minutes. Remove and allow to rest for two minutes and serve.