Sunrise Blend Ricotta Cake
Recipe & Photo Courtesy of Chef Joseph Savino
Yield: Serves 8-10
- 8 oz. InHarvest Sunrise Blend with Quinoa Flakes®
- 1½ c. whole milk
- 1 t. ground cinnamon
- ½ t. salt
- 1 T. orange zest
- 1 T. lemon zest
- 1 T. orange flower water
- 1¼ c. honey
- unsalted butter, for pan
- all-purpose flour, for pan
- 3 lbs. fresh ricotta cheese, drained 6 hours in cheesecloth
- 4 whole large eggs
- confectioner’s sugar, for dusting
- 1 pt. sliced fresh strawberries for garnish
- Bring milk to a boil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Stir in InHarvest Sunrise Blend with Quinoa Flakes®, cinnamon, salt and honey. Cover and remove from heat. Let rest covered for 20 minutes. Uncover and let mixture cool; stirring occasionally with a fork.
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Butter and flour a 9 inch spring form pan. In a large bowl; combine the Sunrise Blend mixture, ricotta, eggs, orange and lemon zests and orange flower water. Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake until golden on top and almost set in center, 60 to 70 minutes. Cover loosely with foil if cake begins to brown too much.
- Let cake cool to room temperature and chill at least 3 hours. Run a knife around edge of cake to loosen and gently remove ring. Sprinkle with confectioner’s sugar and sliced strawberries for garnish.