Slow Roasted Tomato Bruschetta with Giant Peruvian Lima Beans
Yield: About 40 to 50 slices
- 8 oz. InHarvest Giant Peruvian Lima Beans
- 1 loaf French Bread, sliced
- 6 med. tomatoes, halved
- ⅓ c. olive oil
- kosher salt, to taste
- sugar, to taste
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- ⅓ lb. fresh basil, loose packed, julienned
- ½ c. goat or feta cheese crumbles
- Cook InHarvest Giant Peruvian Lima Beans according to package directions, drain water and cool immediately.
- Layer French-bread slices on a sheet pan. (Brush with olive oil if desired). Bake at 350°F until lightly toasted. Reserve for service.
- Place tomato halves on sheet pan, cut side up. Generously drizzle olive oil over tomatoes. Sprinkle tomatoes with salt and sugar to taste. Roast at 350°F for approximately 3 hours. Remove from oven; let cool long enough to handle. (Residual olive oil in pan will have great tomato flavor; reserve in airtight container for another application.)
- Core and chop roasted tomato halves; add to bowl with garlic. Mix. Add cooked Indian Harvest Giant Peruvian Lima Beans; mix well. Salt to taste.
- At service: If desired, heat tomato/lima-bean mixture slightly. Divide mixture evenly onto toasted bread slices. Sprinkle basil atop each bruschetta. Crown each with a sprinkling of goat or Feta crumbles.