Scarlet Runner Bean Salsa with Pineapple
Yield: About 10 cups
- 6 c. InHarvest Scarlet Runner Beans, cooked & chilled
- 3 oz. butter, unsalted
- 2 oz. shallots, fresh
- 2 oz. jalapeno pepper, fresh, finely diced
- 1½ oz. ginger root, fresh, minced
- 4 c. pineapple, fresh, small diced
- 2½ c. orange juice, fresh squeezed
- 1 c. basil, fresh, chopped
- 1 t. red curry paste (or to taste)
- Cook InHarvest Scarlet Runner Beans according to package directions.
- Saute in a sauce pan: shallots, jalapeno pepper, and ginger root in butter until shallots are clear, about 2 minutes. Add the orange juice and reduce by 1/3. Add the pineapple, beans, basil, and the curry paste. Heat slowly until beans are warm. Remove from heat and serve. If reheating later for service, correct the seasoning.
Serving Suggestions: Serve with Pacific Rim Fish varieties.