Red Quinoa Potato and Leek Chowder
- 6 T. unsalted butter
- 3 c. diced leek(1/2 moon cut)
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1½ t. paprika
- 3 qt. hot water
- 4 oz. package of InHarvest Garden Vegetable Seasoning
- 3 lb. peeled and diced potatoes 1 inch cubed
- 2 c. diced carrots
- 3 c. fresh or frozen corn
- 3 c. milk, 2% or whole
- 3 t. kosher salt
- ¾ t. white pepper
- 12 oz. grated cheddar cheese
- 6 c. cooked InHarvest Red Quinoa
- parsley, fresh chopped
- Melt butter in large pot. Add leek and sauté for 4 minutes or until tender. Stir in garlic and paprika and continue to sauté for another 2 minutes.
- Next add hot water, InHarvest Garden Vegetable Seasoning, potatoes, carrots and corn. Bring to a boil and reduce to a simmer until potatoes are tender.
- Add milk and bring back to a boil. Add salt, pepper, cheese and InHarvest Red Quinoa and reduce to a simmer. When cheese is melted it is ready for service. Garnish with fresh parsley and croutons if desired.