Red Quinoa and Dried Fruit Stuffing
Yield: Makes approximately 25 cups
- 2 lb. InHarvest Red Quinoa
- 1 lb. InHarvest smoked kielbasa sausage
- 3 large onions
- 3 large garlic cloves, fresh
- 4 large apples, tart
- 4 large naval oranges, peeled & diced large (zested, reserve zest)
- 2 c. dried cranberries
- 3 c. mixed dried fruit, chopped
- 3 c. toasted walnuts, coarsely chopped
- 4 T. thyme, fresh
- 1/2 c. parsley, fresh, chopped
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Cook InHarvest Red Quinoa according to package directions.
- Sauté in a large skillet or kettle, sausage, onions, and garlic for about 5 minutes. Lower the heat and stir in the apples and cook until heated through.
- Add orange zest, dried fruit, and remaining ingredients to the sausage mixture and heat through. Set aside and cool. Stuffing can be frozen and reserved for later use.
Serving Suggestions: Use to stuff miniature pumpkins, acorn squash, chicken, or poultry.