InHarvest Peruano Beans with Chorizo, Shrimp and Chipotle Peppers
Yield: About 34 ½-cup servings
- 2 lb. InHarvest Peruano Beans
- 1 lb. chorizo sausage
- 1 lb. medium shrimp, shelled and deveined
- corn or vegetable oil (to saute with)
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 1 T. garlic, minced
- 1 lb. sweet corn, fresh or frozen
- 1 lb. Roma tomatoes, seeded & diced
- 2 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, diced small (add more for increased heat)
- 1 bunch cilantro, chopped
- Cook InHarvest Peruano Beans according to package directions using chicken or vegetable stock, set aside and cool.
- Slice chorizo and fry until cooked through and reserve (ground chorizo works also). In a large pot, saute garlic and onion until the onion is translucent. Stir in corn, tomatoes and chipotles and continue to saute for another 2 minutes while stirring. Combine all ingredients and mix well. Continue to heat until shrimp are opaque. Serve garnished with chopped cilantro.